County Councillor for Belvoir
Cabinet Member for
- Finance and resources (staff, property, ICT)
- Performance management
- Transformation (Chairman of Board)
Parishes: Barkestone, Plungar and Redmile ; Belvoir ; Bottesford ; Buckminster ; Clawson, Hose and Harby ; Croxton Kerrial and Branston ; Eaton; Freeby ; Garthorpe ; Scalford ; Sproxton ; Stathern ; Waltham on the Wolds and Thorpe Arnold ; Wymondham
Byron Rhodes’ priorities are:
- Maintaining rural buses so that people can get to work, college and the shops at the times they want to travel
- Ensuring everyone in the Belvoir area has access to high speed broadband
- Preventing this beautiful area from being despoiled by large wind turbines
- Supporting the building of low cost and affordable housing on exception sites in our villages with the County Council’s share of the New Homes Bonus money
- Encouraging and supporting voluntary groups with grants to enable them to get community projects off the ground
Byron Rhodes was first elected to the County Council in 1997 after a career in business. He has served on the Cabinet since 2003 and is responsible for Finance and Resources.
Byron is a former Leader of Melton Borough Council and was Chairman of the Police Authority until 2010.