Nick Rushton names his team to tackle the challenges that lie ahead
Following the Conservative election victory on 2nd May 2013, Leader of the Conservative Group Nick Rushton today named his team that will take on the job of putting Leicestershire back on the path to growth and prosperity.
Nick says, “The team I have appointed draws upon the wide range of talent and experience available to us. It is a strong and united team that will ensure the County Council delivers the best services to residents at the lowest cost.”
It is also true to say that the challenges facing us are so important that I want the Opposition parties to work with us on our Transformation Board, so we can agree the right pathway to success for Leicestershire.”
Nick Rushton can be contacted via 07837 841441 for further comment
Details of the 2013 Cabinet Roles and Responsibilities are set out below:
Mr N J Rushton CC
- Leader of the County Council.
- Chair of Leicestershire Together.
- Economic Development.
- Strategic Relationships.
Mr J B Rhodes CC
- Deputy Leader of the County Council.
- Resources:- finance, property, ICT, shared services, customer service, performance management.
Mr R Blunt CC
- Minerals, Waste and County CouncilPlanning.
- Local Planning Links.
- Heritage, Leisure and Arts.
Mr D W Houseman CC
- Designated Lead Member for Adult Social Care (statutory)
Mr J T Orson CC
- Safer Communities and Policing Relations.
Mr P C Osborne CC
- Highways and Transport: - Flooding.
Mr I D Ould CC
- Designated Lead Member for Children and Young People (statutory):
- relations with Schools
- Children’s Social Care, Safeguarding and Children in Care.
- Children’s Champion
- Supporting Leicestershire’s Families (Chair of Commissioning Board).
Mr B Pain CC
- Economic Development (support to Leader),
- Rural Broadband.
- Waste Management.
Mrs P Posnett CC
- Trading Standards.
- Environmental Matters.
- Chair of Leicestershire Rural Partnership
- Community Engagement.
- Shire Grants.
Mr E F White CC
- Health and Wellbeing, including Sport.
- Chair of the Health and Wellbeing Board.
- NHS Trust Provider and Commissioner Relations.